What can antioxidants do for my skin?
- Posted on: Dec 15 2019
Salon spa therapy treatment cncept. Close-up portrait of attractive cheerful wavy-haired lady with flawless smooth pure clean clear skin applying cream on cheek isolated on beige background.[/caption]There are many skincare products to choose from today compared to years back. Now we have more information and studies have shown that certain ingredients in skincare products have benefits for patients. Men and women who are interested in learning more about developing a skincare routine that works best for their skin are encouraged to schedule an appointment with North Scottdale Med Spa in Phoenix, AZ to discuss their options.
One ingredient that is integrated in many skincare products today is that of antioxidants. Antioxidants can assist in protecting the skin. They limit the production of free radicals, one of the most damaging elements to skin cells. With antioxidants, many patients can improve their skin and maintain their skin’s health.
Below are just a few of the benefits of integrating antioxidants into your skin care routine:
- Anti-inflammation. One of the most desirable advantages of antioxidants in skincare products is the ability to calm inflammation of the skin. Antioxidants such as alpha lipoic acid can produce anti-inflammatory results that can increase cell metabolism and circulation. With reduced inflammation, patients notice a more even skin and reduced acne and wrinkles.
- Firmer skin. Antioxidants can reverse the signs of aging by reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with skin firming benefits. Many antioxidants are seen in eye creams and skin care products as they can reduce the appearance of crow’s feet.
- Reduce wrinkles. Along with firming the skin, patients will notice less wrinkles on the facial area when regularly using antioxidant skincare products. The skin appears more plump and youthful, especially when antioxidants are combined with vitamins C and E.
- Reduce appearance of scarring. Antioxidants can increase blood flow to scar tissues which minimizes the appearance of the scar. It also helps in skin cell turnover and development, which improves the skin’s appearance around scars.
- Sun damage repair. The sun can be harmful to your skin, but with the use of antioxidants, patients can stimulate the flow of blood to the skin and encourage new skin cell growth. This can make sun-damaged skin appear younger and healthier.
Learn more about skin care solutions with our team
At North Scottdale Med Spa in Phoenix, AZ, we are pleased to offer patients a wide range of medical and cosmetic solutions for the skin and body. Our providers have years of combined experience in offering quality care and attention for those located in and around the community. Call (480) 419-9605 and visit us at 7000 East Mayo Boulevard, Suite #1020.
Posted in: Skin Care